Saturday 23 October 2010

Hair Cut...

Okay I actually hate having my hair cut. Mainly because I only get to a salon once and a while and don't usually get what I ask for...or actually get listened to. So I had to get my hair cut - had a quick look at some online reviews and Hatstand Nelly kept coming up.

So I booked an appointment - phone Monday, appointment Thursday with the Junior Stylist Dean. Now if there is one thing I know from past experiences a good salon looks after you. When I have splashed the cash in Glasgow it's been the rainbow rooms or the one at the top of byres road (first hair cut at uni that I got a compliment for!), Elgin it was Bliss...I've had hair I was happy with.

So I did the best thing. I went in a bit early and looked at the magazines to get an idea what I wanted. Had a good chat with my stylist who took on board what I wanted made some suggestions and wait for it LISTENED. I had a great and relaxing hair wash, conversation was minimal but sometimes you don't feel too chatty - especially on your first visit. I know as a kid I went to the same hairdresser's until I was in my teens.

Now a good hair cut makes you feel good. The atmosphere is good, staff are friendly and outgoing. So advantage on 'junior' stylist is it is cheaper but Dean has a good few years experience so I think its a just a term these days as your not letting some new start attack your hair with gusto. I also found from going to the rainbow room academy that hairdressers are really well trained from day one.

So happy me = tip!

No comments:

Post a Comment