Saturday 15 October 2011

Food with family


I've had some good experience and bad ones this past few weeks.  During the holidays I tend to eat out more - as you do.

First of all the good.  Had a great buffet at Manzil's (always worth trying to get in about five when it's still quiet) and went to Yangtze River for their express lunch and was really impressed.  It has a set menu but the staff are pleasant and the service is okay.  I also went to the Justice Mill for the first time.  And was pretty impressed - it's much more modern than Archie's but really good food and service, and a great place to take my cousin too.

I've also found that with my hectic schedule I often have to grab something on the hoof.  This is usually a quick sandwich or sausage roll.  But I've now found two impressive place to sit down and relax.  First one is no surprise really The Breadmaker but the other is BHS's Cafe....!  Okay so Breadmaker is a bit on the expensive side but gives you a feel good factor.

Here is the bad and trust me its BAD!  Terrible service at the TGFS in Trinity.  And why might you ask?  Groupon Vouchers.  Now I can eat regularly using Vouchers - like at ASK Italian.  I use these voucher simply because I can get a good deal.  The lass that served us was just plain rude!  Yes I only paid £2.60 for a meal that had a cost of up to £6.60 or something like that but come on - your employers except you to treat everyone fairly.  I'd also recommend labelling things a little bit clearer....or changing the content of their Groupon voucher.  When a voucher says any Sandwich/Baguette, Soup and Baked Good - what would you expect?

I expected a decent choice of Sandwiches and Baguettes (about four choices), A Nice Soup (it was okay) and a baked good (i.e a Cake!).  What did we get - a customer service agent who obviously doesn't like people.  There where no obvious signs for the Panini's and no Baguettes out in the fridges.  When we mistakenly picked up the panini's we were then rudely asked if we wanted them in addition to the voucher - I said no we wanted the offer....it took a good few attempts (with no 'oh sorry these aren't in the offer') to work out that the limited choice was two flavours of baguette and three sandwiches..... then when I went to get cake I was told the baked good where actually the sausage rolls etc....

Really not impressed.  Not going back to that branch next time I get a voucher I might try the Bon Accord one!

No comments:

Post a Comment