Friday 9 April 2010

Fast Food

So I've been using Trusted Places for a while now, adding in my own personal reviews as and when I get round to it.

So far I can list a few handy place round our neck of the woods and a few further out.

Hass's Fish & Chip Shop
-
Our local chippy. I LOVE this place for a treat (mainly cos there is a co-op next door for the wine and choccies). Had Rock Turbot (some type of catfish) and it was lovely - an not much dearer than a normal cod or haddock and chips and I had two huge pieces.

The Ashvale -
Again another chippy but this one has a sit in restaurant bit. Lovely food, reasonable choice but no way near the choice at the Elgin Ashvale. Have to admit was a little annoyed at the slow service the night we where in, but that could be down to the fact it was getting late, was still quite busy and probably just didn't have enough staff.

Pizza Hut: Union (Bridge) Street -
I've seen comments about dated decor and the like, and to be honest the toilets are in much need of an update (and double glazing). However we generally have had no problems with the restaurant. I think it been too busy once when we've went in. However they are really stingy on their offer timing. If your in the door even a minute before the offer starts then don't expect to get the offers unless it's busy.

Subway -
We be a stones throw away from one subway. Been in once, just like almost every other subway shop. Reasonable grub, good price and you can be as good (or bad) as you want when it comes to fillings.

MacDonalds -
As much as I hate to admit it I DO get the urge to have a big mac or a chicken salsa thing.... As normal about 1000 of these (including one in the big Garthdee Asda). Very Modern deco in the Union Street one and the one in the big asda just feels shoehorned in.

Burger King: Union Street (again) -
Far to handy for the eager shopper. However it has huge downstairs for those who wish to eat and not people watch. Generally busy so you can wait a while.

Starbucks Union Square -
Okay strictly not fast food but I haven't really bothered with coffee shops in a while (generally too expensive). However this place is tucked away of the 'food' floor as I call it. You can people watch, find out whats happening 'around' Aberdeen.

No comments:

Post a Comment